A couple of layers of varnish and then…?
I have been very busy today, a lot of things are happening, but only a few things to show.
My idea was to simply wipe off the paint and let all the cracks remain filled, but since the varnish wasn’t quite dry, the paint stuck immediately and I thought I had a problem. I wiped and wiped and then used some linseed oil to wipe some more.
It created a sepia feel and the cracks turned out pretty cool, I think.
Today I came up with a new way to frame my paintings. I cut thin strips of plywood, spraypainted them and nailed them to the outside of the painting. This created a very thin, graphic line around the work.
Today has been a day of contemplation and searching. Experimenting and thinking. One example:
This piece makes the other one look so much better, he he.
The size is 100 x 75 cm. The wood will darken and add texture.
So, today I took a wide spackle and scraped off a lot of paint.Then I mixed a light blue, with a touch of red in it, took a big brush and added rough, quick brush strokes. Now I feel better about it. It was fun!
Now I have a collection of twelve similar paintings, all painted more or less differently. I am quite fed up with this now and will let them rest for a while and do something else. Each piece is 76 x 60 cm.